Peters Research Ltd Privacy Notice
Peters Research Ltd processes personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018 and any other applicable legislation (referred to as the "data protection legislation").
Throughout this policy, the term ‘PRL’ shall be taken to mean Peters Research Ltd.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect and retain information about you when you:
- Purchase our software or other products
- Make a request to download or unlock our software
- Register for a training seminar
- Make an enquiry about our products and services either via our website or in person at industry events or meetings.
The information we collect includes your name, company, address and email address.
We also collect personal data about our employees which PRL considers to be strictly confidential.
How will we use the information about you?
PRL will collect information about you to:
- To allow you to download and unlock our software.
- To send you software updates and provide technical support
- To advise you of the latest software updates, releases and new features
- To inform you of our training programme.
- To maintain our customer database and other records.
- To maintain our employee records and to fulfil our legal obligations as an employer.
We will only contact you where we have a legitimate interest to do so or where you have specifically consented to receive our newsletter/updates.
Your data will be stored in our customer database which is password protected and is only shared on a strict need to know basis.
Confidential information shall only be seen by the PRL Directors and by other nominated individuals. Such information is password protected where it is stored in electronic form in lockable cabinets where it is recorded in paper form.
PRL will not share your information for marketing purposes with anyone else.
Retention of data
PRL will retain will retain all data (except employee information) for as long as PRL offer services related to elevator traffic analysis, simulation and dispatching.
Information relating to employees is retained for the period of employment. It will be deleted 2 years following an employee’s date of leaving.
Access to your information and correction
Under GDPR you have the following rights:
- To request a copy of the data we hold about you. We will action any request within one month.
- To ask us to correct or remove any information that is incorrect. We will action any request within one month.
- To request your information is deleted. We will action any request within one month.
- To withdraw your consent to your data being processed.
- To lodge a complaint with the Information Commission. They can be contacted at:
Phone: 0303 123 1113
In writing: Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, UK.
How to contact us