How do I unlock the software with the hardware key provided?
To activate the Hasp key (Windows Vista and Windows 7):
- Log onto you machine as an administrator
- Start Elevate
- At the welcome screen, hit the Activate Key button - a program will run
- When the above program is finished, insert the hasp key - Windows will now install the drivers and tell you that the hardware is ready to use.
- When this is finished, press the OK key
To activate the Hasp key (Windows 8 and Windows 10):
- Log onto your machine as an administrator
- Insert the HASP key. Windows will find and install the correct drivers.
- Wait until Windows tells you that your hardware is ready to use before starting Elevate
If this does not unlock the software, then there are a number of possible problems:
- The HASP key will not work with Windows 7 or any 64 bit version of Windows if you are using Elevate 7 or earlier. These issues were been resolved with Elevate 8 (Elevate 7 was developed before the release of Windows 7). Please contact us about upgrading.
- The HASP key will not work with Windows 10 if you are using Elevate 8.19 or earlier. These issues were resolved with Elevate 8.20. Please contact us about upgrading.
- The USB key has been inserted before the "Activate Key" button has been clicked (not applicable to Windows 8 and 10). Some versions of Windows install the wrong driver for the HASP key automatically when it is first inserted. If this happens, you need to remove the incorrect driver (using Device Manager), then start again.
- The security settings on your computer are preventing the Aladdin drivers from being installed. Speak to your computer administrator so that they can lower your security setting temporarily while the Aladdin device drivers are installed.